Our Robinson, Illinois plant was formerly owned by Union Carbide and at one time produced a higher grade of CPC used in the production of graphite electrodes for electric arc furnaces.
Surrounded by miles of picturesque cornfields, our Robinson calciner and the adjacent Marathon refinery are a critical part of the town’s (pop. 6,800) economic stability.
- Commissioned in 1958 by General Carbon and Chemical Company.
- Located adjacent to Marathon Robinson oil refinery in Illinois.
- Product targeted for aluminum smelter anode applications.
- Two rotary kilns with 315,000 ton/yr capacity.
- Receives raw material by rail or truck.
- Green coke storage for 80,000 tons of raw material.
- Provides direct rail shipments to customers and to our Chalmette and Gramercy terminals for customized shipment blending.
- Employs ~30 people.