Mile Marker 251 on the Calcasieu Ship Channel and 22.9 nautical miles upstream of the Calcasieu River jetty (buoy marker 48).
1920 Pak Tank Road, Sulphur, LA 70665
Depth Alongside Dock
- Water Draft – 10.67 meters (35 feet)
- Maximum length overall – 228.6 meters (750 feet)
- Maximum beam – 33.53 meters (110 feet)
- Maximum air draft – 13.72 meters (45 feet) Water Line to Top of Hatch Coaming
- Vessels with side mounted cranes to be docked with the cranes on the offshore side
- Note: Vessels of different dimensions may be accepted subject to the terminal’s prior approval. Certain tween-deckers will be rejected due to the vessel’s design. The terminal reserves the right to reject any vessel that would prevent loading or proper stowage.
- Spout trimming only
- Stowage Factor
- 48 cubic feet per long ton
Approved sub-contractors shall perform mooring and unmooring of vessel. Charges for mooring and unmooring services are invoiced to Owners/Agent/etc. directly from the sub-contractors.
- Angle of repose – the angle of repose is approximately 35 degrees
- Temperature – the Calcined coke will be loaded into the vessel according to the Code of Federal Regulations, Coast Guard, Department of Transportation (46 CFR 148.04-15 and 148.04-17)
5,000 MT PWWD, SHINC
The Lake Charles dock facility operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The vessel is to be loaded spout trimmed. The ship must supply the manpower to watch the loading from the deck of the vessel and to keep track of the draft (i.e. tell the loader when enough cargo is in the hold).
Entrance to the dock facility may be made at Pak Tank Road, off of Highway 1133, Sulphur, Louisiana, Calcasieu Parish. Walking access to the docked vessel from the dock facility must be approved by the facility Terminal Manager.
The vessels agent may be required to provide a crew/passenger list to the terminal manager 24 hours in advance of the vessels arrival. The crew/passenger list is to be faxed to 337-558-6188. Vessel personnel are not permitted access to the dock facility without prior approval from the terminal manager. Transport and delivery of vessel stores are not permitted through the facility. Deliveries of vessel stores must be coordinated between vessel personnel and the vessels agent via launch service not provided by the terminal.
A supply source of potable water is not currently available at the dock facility.
For more information please email our Sales division.