Identifies, develops and implements process improvements within the Robinson plant. Directs operations personal to optimize plant process economics and performance.
A university degree in chemical or mechanical engineering science with 2 – 3 years of process engineering related experience required. Ability to relate to all levels of the organization. Requires good project management and troubleshooting skills. Ability to relate theoretical ideas to practical solutions. Mechanical background and refinery experience are huge pluses.
Reports to the Plant Manager. Has close contact with corporate personnel, plant management and all hourly employees, as well as vendors/consultants/contractors. Supervises process related daily activities of control operators.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & MEASURES
- Project management- Justification and implementation of capital projects
- Gas and oxygen usage – MMBTU/Ton vs budget, forecasting gas use
- Production – Calcined tons vs budget
- Quality – Real Density conformance and other quality parameters – conformance to customer requirements
- KPI/performance statistical reporting
- Process monitoring and improvement
- Refractory – Refractory monitoring (thermal imaging) and inspections, turnaround scope generation, determining refractory materials, Project Management for all refractory activities
- Environmental – Understanding environmental requirements, project management for environmental improvements, and updating required environmental records.
(This Position Description reflects the general level and nature of the Position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.)