Operates mobile equipment to move material through the plant for the calcining process. Operates and monitors equipment used in the production of calcined petroleum coke.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following:
- Operates mobile conveying equipment, (for example: pay loaders, bobcat, excavator, rail road switch engine, forklift, etc.)
- Loads, unloads, railcars, trucks, and barges
- Records material condition, receiving, and shipping information
- Gauges storage and product tank capacities
- Coordinates loading and unloading of coke and provides production information and any needed assistance to appropriate personnel
- Performs minor maintenance/carpentry work incidental to job
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Transfers product in and out of plant
- Communicates with outside vendors for pick up and delivery of equipment and supplies
- Participates in the continuous improvement of product and plant processes and performs other duties as required.
JOB COMPLEXITY AND SCOPE
Performs activities planned by others. Although most of the aspects of work are defined, parts are variable-with occasional unexpected tasks, problems, or processes. Participates in problem solving activities related to improving the production process and work environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information to small groups.
Work requires resolving mutual problems and collaborating with others.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute and/or understand rate, ratio, percent and to draw and/or interpret bar graphs-like those used for Statistical Process Control.
Ability to solve practical problems using available tools, resources, etc. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or squat, twist, crawl, drive (forklifts, loaders, or other vehicles), and climb ladders. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is also required several times each week to climb and/or balance on flights of stairs of more than 25 steps. The employee is required to lift, push, or pull-up to 10 pounds regularly, 25 pounds periodically and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Hearing protection is required in the process area. May be required to wear respiratory protection.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, working in high and/or precarious places, extreme heat, periodic vibrations, and in outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may require hearing protection.
(This Job Description reflects the general level and nature of the Position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.)