Identifies, develops and implements process improvements within Rain Carbon’s calcination facilities. Assists operations personnel to optimize plant process economics and performance.
A university degree in chemical engineering with a minimum of 1-3 years of process engineering related experience required. Ability to relate to all levels of the organization. Requires good project management and troubleshooting skills. Must understand and can analyze the technical processes within Rain Carbon’s operations. Must be able to use experimental design and statistical analysis methods. Strongly developed verbal and written communication skills.
Reports to the Engineering Manager. Performs work in all Rain Carbon calcining facilities including, potentially, India. Has close contact with corporate, plant management, laboratory personnel, all hourly employees, as well as vendors and outside consultants.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & MEASURES
- Support Operations at the facilities working to improve process including: production, fuel use, energy efficiency, raw materials use, and quality
- Use statistical methods to design and analyze experiments
- Complete specified training criteria as required in Rain Carbon’s Engineer development program
- Become a recognized process expert within the organization and trains others
- Project management- Generation and justification of capital projects
Measures of success include: demonstrable improvements in Rain Carbon’s operations and/or product quality, implementation of new processes; initiation and implementation of new and innovative ideas.
(This Position Description reflects the general level and nature of the Position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.)