To accurately and timely coordinate and administer all company payrolls, including routine financial accounting duties and general reporting. Other duties as assigned.
Must have 3-5 years’ experience in payroll processing. Working knowledge of relevant software and reporting writing, ADP preferred. Understanding of basic accounting principles. Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements. High School Diploma or equivalent, secondary education preferred. Payroll Certified Professional designation preferred.
Reports directly to the Payroll Manager. Communicates with all employees, management, and outside business contacts.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & MEASURES
Use independent judgment and analysis to administer all company payroll processes. Measures include on-time, every-time accurate processing of payroll, payroll data entry errors of less than one per month, and high priority response time to employee questions.
Specific payroll responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and guidance
- Provide accurate and timely schedules and ad hoc reports for financial audits, payroll, union contract negotiations, budgeting, general ledger reporting, etc.
- Update payroll records by recording changes including insurance coverage, loan payments, salary increases
- Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications
- Monitor, audit, reconcile and balance a variety of data and transactions
- Develop, manage and maintain comprehensive payroll records, including database files, spreadsheets, reports and documents.
- Identify, investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors
- Prepare payroll reconciliations and related journal entries, including 401(k) and HSA funding
- Prepare and print payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, taxes, insurance, leave
- Issue statements of earnings and deductions
- Calculate and post payroll deductions
- Review and verify source documents
- Collect, compile, enter and process payroll by established deadlines
- Address payroll related questions maintaining professional communications with employees, managers and third-party administrators.
- Maintain MOA Connection files and Invoice – reconcile, process and submit with 100% accuracy and keep current with no longer than 20 days’ lag time.
- Maintain personnel filing of paper documents kept current with no longer than two week lag time.
- Maintain payroll and personnel issues in a confidential manner.
- Serves as part of the Receptionist relief team.
(This Position Description reflects the general level and nature of the Position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.)